2020 TRIP INFORMATION: MALDIVES NORTHERN ATOLLS
On behalf of Ufudu fly Fishing Safaris I would like to invite you to join me one of our 2020 hosted trips to the northern atolls of Maldives.
I have been hosting fly fishing trips to the Maldives for the past 10 years and in the very recent past I have discovered some of the most productive fly fishing islands this country has to offer. Islands with kilometres of sand flats and surf zone that are home to some of the biggest GTs I have ever seen, triggers, bluefin and yellowspot trevally, snappers, milkfish and bonefish to a lesser extent.
Fly fishing for GTs
If your main ambition is to target GTs, this is where you want to go as you will encounter GTs in excess of 130 cm fl (100pounds). Islands where you can sight cast and blind cast to GTs in the surf zone as well as Islands where you can sight cast to them on the flats.
In the past few years several GTs over the 100cm fl have been landed here. (Please see attached photos of a few of the most recent GTs caught from these islands.)
The net result of discovering these new venues is that I am now very confident that I can offer our clients consistent and varied opportunities of casting flies to big GTs and other exciting species in the surf and on the flats at very affordable prices.
It must however be cautioned that to catch one of these big GTs it requires the following skills and attributes: good casting and stripping skills, the ability to see fish, to be physically fit, to have patience and a good sense of balance.
Other fly fishing species
Other notable species that you will encounter at these islands are the following: Bluefin trevally with fish up to 75cm fl, yellow-spot trevally, yellow margin and titan triggerfish, milkfish, snappers, bonefish and permit to a lesser extent.
Hosting duties and responsibilities
As your host I will advise and assist guests with all matters relating to tackle (gear set up, knots, leaders and fly choice), casting and stripping skills, safety precautions and seeing fish.
The Live- Aboard Accommodation
The live-aboard accommodation is aboard the safari dhoni Hammer Head 2 (see photos attached) which is a traditional but very comfortable boat that offers full board air conditioned single en-suite accommodation to 6 anglers.
The trip dates for our 2020 season coincide with the best season and tides and each trip is limited to six fly anglers. The dates are as follows:
7 – 13 February 2020 7 nights availability 4 rods
21 – 27 February 2020 7 nights availability 2 rods
5 – 16 March 2020 12 nights availability FULL
The cost the 7 night trip is $3850pp single accommodation and $4200pp for 12 nights single accommodation (5 – 16 March)
The cost includes the following:
- 7 nights full board single accommodation aboard the boat Hammer Head 2
- 6 days hosted fly fishing
- Domestic flights
- All ground transfers
The cost excludes the following:
- International flights
- Travel and cancellation policy premiums
- Personal items
- To confirm your reservation we require a 50% non-refundable deposit (read with cancellation policy below)
- The final payment is due 35 days prior to departure
- A minimum of 4 pax are require for the trip to go ahead. Once a minimum of 4 pax have been confirmed the final payment becomes due and non-refundable 35 days prior to departure.
- Ufudu Fly Fishing Safaris has the right to cancel the trip 90 days from the start of the trip if less than 4 pax less are confirmed and will refund all deposits paid to date.
- A monthly update of confirmed bookings will be sent to clients who have paid their deposits.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Email : email@example.com